Green Fire Press is an independent publishing company dedicated to supporting authors in producing high-quality books.
We are a curated press, which means we accept only high-quality manuscripts.
We are an author-supported press, which means that authors pay an up-front fee to have access to our publishing services.
We are a collaborative community of writers who understand the value of networking and cross-promotion to lift all boats (or all books, as the case may be).
We are a team of independent editing, marketing and design professionals, working together to deliver high-quality products that will fulfill our collective vision of making the world better through creative expression.
Our Publishing Process
Green Fire Press welcomes submissions from authors in any genre. Email us at info@greenfirepress to discuss our submission process.
If we feel your book meets the standards of Green Fire Press, we will invite you to submit 10,000 words from your manuscript and a letter outlining your vision for marketing and distribution of the book, along with a non-refundable $500 reading fee. Based on our reading of the manuscript, we will give you detailed feedback on your project, meet with you to discuss it, and place you in one of the three editorial development stages outlined below.
Stage One: Your manuscript is of great interest to us, but still needs substantial editing to get it into publishable form. We will recommend a freelance developmental editor from our team to work with you directly to polish and refine the manuscript. When you both determine the manuscript is ready to be reviewed again, we will accept it without an additional reading fee.
Stage Two: Your manuscript is very close to publishable, just needing a good copyedit to ensure that your writing is as tight and smooth as possible. We will recommend a freelance copyeditor from our team to copyedit your manuscript. After the copy-edit is complete and you have approved any changes, you can resubmit your manuscript without an additional reading fee.
Stage Three: Your manuscript just needs proofing and then it’s ready to go out in the world! At this stage we will send you a publishing agreement, detailing what we offer our authors.
Included in Your Contract
- Custom interior design for up to 50,000 words (no photos, illustrations, charts etc.)
- Custom cover design
- Proofreading of your final book galleys
Print-on-demand setup with Lightning Source (LSI)
- Distribution to the trade (bookstores & libraries) via Ingram Publishing
- Setting up your book for Amazon’s Search Inside the Book, Google’s Book Search, and Barnes & Noble’s See Inside
- Copyright filing and obtaining your Library of Congress control number
- Updating your bibliographic data in the ISBN database
- Listing on our website and GFP social media promotion as well as promotion at any conferences or book expo events attended by Green Fire Press representatives
For an extra fee, our team can provide you with:
- ebook file and upload;
- a basic press kit for your book aimed at both traditional media and social media promotion, including a book description and an author biography a marketing one-sheet, press release and book post card.
All authors publishing with Green Fire Press will receive a negotiated royalty (a percentage of the retail price minus production costs and publishers’ discounts) payable biannually.